The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor Bluetooth integrates a miniature, high-precision, high-reliability, Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) / Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) with a 2.4GHz Bluetooth v2.0+EDR Class 1 interface and a rechargeable lithium-polymer battery solution into a single low-cost end-use-ready unit. The Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) / Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) uses triaxial gyroscope, accelerometer, and compass sensors in conjunction with advanced processing and on-board quaternion-based orientation filtering algorithms to determine orientation relative to an absolute reference in real-time.
Orientation can be returned in absolute terms or relative to a designated reference orientation. The gradient descent calibration process and high update rates increase accuracy and greatly reduce and compensate for sensor error. The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor system also utilizes a dynamic sensor confidence algorithm that ensures optimal accuracy and precision across a wide range of operating conditions.
The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor Bluetooth unit features are accessible via a well-documented open communication protocol that allows access to all available sensor data and configuration parameters using either 2.4Ghz Bluetooth or USB 2.0 interfaces. Versatile commands allow access to raw sensor data, normalized sensor data, and filtered absolute and relative orientation outputs in multiple formats including: quaternion, Euler angles (pitch/roll/yaw), rotation matrix, axis angle, two vector (forward/up).
The Yost Labs 3-Space Bluetooth has many features that allow it to be a flexible all-in-one solution for your orientation sensing needs. Below are some of the key features:
- Small self-contained high-performance data-logging AHRS at 35mm x 60mm x 15mm and 28 grams
- Integrated Lithium-Polymer battery and charge control allows battery life of 5+ hours at full performance
- Fast sensor update and filter rate allow use in highly dynamic applications, including motion capture, performance & motion analysis, and navigation
- Highly customizable orientation sensing with options such as tunable filtering, oversampling, and orientation error correction
- Advanced integrated Kalman filtering allows sensor to automatically reduce the effects of sensor noise and sensor error
- Robust open protocol allows commands to be sent in human readable form, or more quickly in machine readable form
- Orientation output format available in absolute or relative terms in multiple formats
- Absolute or custom reference axes
- Access to raw sensor data
- MicroSD card allows for data-logging applications, USB allows for real-time applications
- Flexible data logging configuration allows customization of logged data and allows event-based and time-based logging options
- Built-in clock/calendar provides for fully time-stamped event logging at high resolution
- USB communication via virtual COM port
- Enumeration as USB mass-storage device makes access to logged data easy
- Upgradeable firmware
- RGB status LED, two programmable input buttons
- Available in either hand-held or strap-down packaging
Motion tracking for any project
Recognized as one of the best university startups in 2017, Yost Labs best-in-class sensors and engineering staff are here to provide the fastest inertial motion tracking for your work. We can engineer custom solutions for your projects.