The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor Data-logger integrates a miniature, high-precision, high-reliability, Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) / Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) with a micro-SD card storage device and a rechargeable lithium-polymer battery solution into a single low-cost end-use-ready unit. The Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) / Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) uses triaxial gyroscope, accelerometer, and compass sensors in conjunction with advanced processing and on-board quaternion-based orientation filtering algorithms to determine orientation relative to an absolute reference in real-time.
Orientation can be returned in absolute terms or relative to a designated reference orientation. The gradient descent calibration process and high update rates increase accuracy and greatly reduce and compensate for sensor error. The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor system also utilizes a dynamic sensor confidence algorithm that ensures optimal accuracy and precision across a wide range of operating conditions.
When attached to a USB 2.0 host, the Yost Labs 3-Space™ Data-logger unit can enumerate as both a virtual COM port and a USB mass-storage device. The virtual COM port allows access to real-time sensor data and configuration parameters and the mass-storage device allows access to logging & config options and captured sensor data. Versatile commands provide for raw sensor data, normalized sensor data, and filtered absolute and relative orientation outputs in multiple formats including: quaternion, Euler angles (pitch/roll/yaw), rotation matrix, axis angle, two vector (forward/up).
The Yost Labs 3-Space Datalogger has many features that allow it to be a flexible all-in-one solution for your orientation sensing needs. Below are some of the key features:
- Small self-contained high-performance data-logging AHRS at 35mm x 60mm x 15mm and 28 grams
- Integrated Lithium-Polymer battery and charge control allows battery life of 5+ hours at full performance
- Fast sensor update and filter rate allow use in highly dynamic applications, including motion capture, performance & motion analysis, and navigation
- Highly customizable orientation sensing with options such as tunable filtering, oversampling, and orientation error correction
- Advanced integrated Kalman filtering allows sensor to automatically reduce the effects of sensor noise and sensor error
- Robust open protocol allows commands to be sent in human readable form, or more quickly in machine readable form
- Orientation output format available in absolute or relative terms in multiple formats
- Absolute or custom reference axes
- Access to raw sensor data
- MicroSD card allows for data-logging applications, USB allows for real-time applications
- Flexible data logging configuration allows customization of logged data and allows event-based and time-based logging options
- Built-in clock/calendar provides for fully time-stamped event logging at high resolution
- USB communication via virtual COM port
- Enumeration as USB mass-storage device makes access to logged data easy
- Upgradeable firmware
- RGB status LED, two programmable input buttons
- Available in either hand-held or strap-down packaging
- Includes a 2 GB SD card for data logging
Motion tracking for any project
Recognized as one of the best university startups in 2017, Yost Labs best-in-class sensors and engineering staff are here to provide the fastest inertial motion tracking for your work. We can engineer custom solutions for your projects.