The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor Micro USB is an ultra-miniature, high-precision, high-reliability, low-cost SMT Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) / Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) which uses triaxial gyroscope, accelerometer, and compass sensors in conjunction with advanced processing and on-board quaternion-based orientation filtering algorithms to determine orientation relative to an absolute reference in real-time.
Orientation can be returned in absolute terms or relative to a designated reference orientation. The gradient descent calibration process and high update rates increase accuracy and greatly reduce and compensate for sensor error. The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor system also utilizes a dynamic sensor confidence algorithm that ensures optimal accuracy and precision across a wide range of operating conditions.
The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor Micro USB module features are accessible via a well-documented open communication protocol that allows access to all available sensor data and configuration parameters. Versatile commands allow access to raw sensor data, normalized sensor data, and filtered absolute and relative orientation outputs in multiple formats including: quaternion, Euler angles (pitch/roll/yaw), rotation matrix, axis angle, two vector (forward/up).
The 3-Space™ Sensor Micro USB module also offers an integrated Micro USB port for communication as well as solderable SMT pads for asynchronous serial communication.
The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor Micro USB has many features that allow it to be a flexible all-in-one solution for your orientation sensing needs. Below are some of the key features:
- Ultra-small, light-weight high-performance AHRS at 23mm x 23mm x 2mm and only 1.3 grams
- Fast sensor update and filter rate allow use in real-time applications, including stabilization, virtual reality, real-time immersive simulation, and robotics
- Highly customizable orientation sensing with options such as tunable filtering, oversampling, and orientation error correction
- Advanced integrated Kalman filtering allows sensor to automatically reduce the effects of sensor noise and sensor error
- Robust open protocol allows commands to be sent in human readable form, or more quickly in machine readable form
- Orientation output format available in absolute or relative terms in multiple formats
- Absolute or custom reference axes
- Access to raw sensor data
- Flexible communication options: USB 2.0, or asynchronous serial
- USB communication through a virtual COM port
- When used as a USB device, USB joystick/mouse emulation modes ease integration with existing applications
- PCB edge contour allows for easy screw mounting.
- Upgradeable firmware
- RGB status LED
- SMT solder pads allow asynchronous serial communication or connection of external button inputs.
Motion tracking for any project
Recognized as one of the best university startups in 2017, Yost Labs best-in-class sensors and engineering staff are here to provide the fastest inertial motion tracking for your work. We can engineer custom solutions for your projects.