The Yost Labs 3-Space Sensor™ Nano IC is an super-miniature, 24-Pin DFN IC and AHRS with high-precision, high-reliability, low-cost, and extremely low power consumption. The Nano is a DFN Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) / Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) which uses triaxial gyroscope, accelerometer, and compass sensors in conjunction with advanced processing and on-board quaternion-based orientation filtering algorithms to determine orientation relative to an absolute reference in real-time.
The 3-Space Sensor™ Nano IC is pre-programmed DFN IC / AHRS chipset with our QGRAD2™ filter that can be installed into the likes of any product. However the Nano is available as a pre-packaged development sensor, or can be purchased individually as the DFN IC. There is also a development (evaluation) kit available.
Carrier Board: 3-Space Sensor™ Nano Carrier Board || Evaluation Kit: 3-Space Sensor™ Nano Evaluation Kit
The Yost Labs 3-Space Sensor™ Nano IC has a variety of packaging options and many features that allow it to be a flexible all-in-one solution for your orientation sensing needs.
- 24-Pin DFN AHRS IC at 3.8mm x 5.2mm x 1.1mm and 0.01 grams
- Fast sensor update and filter rate allow use in real-time applications, including stabilization, virtual reality, pedestrian tracking, real-time immersive simulation, and robotics
- Advanced on-board magnetometer auto-calibration allows the sensor to quickly adapt to changing magnetic environments.
- Highly customizable orientation sensing with options such as tunable filtering, oversampling, and orientation error correction
- Advanced integrated QGRAD2™ filtering allows sensor orientation outputs at up to 200Hz while automatically reducing the effects of sensor noise and sensor error
- Robust open protocol allows commands to be sent in human readable form, or more quickly in machine readable form
- Orientation output available in absolute or relative terms in multiple formats (quaternion, rotation matrix, axis angle, two-vector)
- Absolute or custom reference axes
- Access to raw sensor data
- Embedded pedestrian tracking
- Flexible communication options: SPI, I2C, USB 2.0*, or asynchronous serial
- Upgradeable firmware
- Programmable interrupt capability
- Development kit available
Motion tracking for any project
Recognized as one of the best university startups in 2017, Yost Labs best-in-class sensors and engineering staff are here to provide the fastest inertial motion tracking for your work. We can engineer custom solutions for your projects.
* Recommended for use with the Nano Evaluation Kit