The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor Watertight USB/RS232 is a miniature, high-precision, high-reliability, Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) / Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) offering USB 2.0 and RS232 communication interfaces in a single low-cost end-use-ready IP67 sealed case. The Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) uses triaxial gyroscope, accelerometer, and compass sensors in conjunction with advanced processing and on-board quaternion-based orientation filtering algorithms to determine orientation relative to an absolute reference in real-time.
Orientation can be returned in absolute terms or relative to a designated reference orientation. The gradient descent calibration process and high update rates increase accuracy and greatly reduce and compensate for sensor error. The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor system also utilizes a dynamic sensor confidence algorithm that ensures optimal accuracy and precision across a wide range of operating conditions.
The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor Watertight USB/RS232 unit’s features are accessible via a well-documented open communication protocol that allows access to all available sensor data and configuration parameters using either USB 2.0 or RS232. Versatile commands allow access to raw sensor data, normalized sensor data, and filtered absolute and relative orientation outputs in multiple formats including: quaternion, Euler angles (pitch/roll/yaw), rotation matrix, axis angle, two vector (forward/up).
The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor Watertight USB / RS232 has many features that allow it to be a flexible all-in-one solution for your orientation sensing needs. Below are some of the key features:
- Small self-contained high-performance water-proof AHRS at 36.4mm x 94.1mm x 58.6mm and 150 grams
- Fast sensor update and filter rate allow use in real-time applications, including stabilization, virtual reality, real-time immersive simulation, and robotics
- Highly customizable orientation sensing with options such as tunable filtering, oversampling, and orientation error correction
- Advanced integrated Kalman filtering allows sensor to automatically reduce the effects of sensor noise and sensor error
- Robust open protocol allows commands to be sent in human readable form, or more quickly in machine readable form
- Orientation output format available in absolute or relative terms in multiple formats
- Absolute or custom reference axes
- Access to raw sensor data
- Flexible communication options: USB 2.0 or RS232 asynchronous serial
- USB communication via virtual COM port
- USB joystick/mouse emulation modes ease integration with existing applications
- Upgradeable firmware
- RGB status LED, two programmable input buttons
- IP67 rated connector provides power, USB, and RS232 connections
- Available in screw-down water-tight silicone-sealed IP67 rated enclosure
Motion tracking for any project
Recognized as one of the best university startups in 2017, Yost Labs best-in-class sensors and engineering staff are here to provide the fastest inertial motion tracking for your work. We can engineer custom solutions for your projects.