The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor Wireless integrates a miniature, high-precision, high-reliability, Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) / Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) with a 2.4GHz DSSS communication interface and a rechargeable lithium-polymer battery solution into a single low-cost end-use-ready unit. The Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) / Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) uses triaxial gyroscope, accelerometer, and compass sensors in conjunction with advanced processing and on-board quaternion-based orientation filtering algorithms to determine orientation relative to an absolute reference in real-time.
Orientation can be returned in absolute terms or relative to a designated reference orientation. The gradient descent calibration process and high update rates increase accuracy and greatly reduce and compensate for sensor error. The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor system also utilizes a dynamic sensor confidence algorithm that ensures optimal accuracy and precision across a wide range of operating conditions.
The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor Wireless unit features are accessible via a well-documented open communication protocol that allows access to all available sensor data and configuration parameters using either 2.4GHz DSSS wireless or USB 2.0 interfaces. Versatile commands allow access to raw sensor data, normalized sensor data, and filtered absolute and relative orientation outputs in multiple formats including: quaternion, Euler angles (pitch/roll/yaw), rotation matrix, axis angle, two vector (forward/up).
The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor Wireless 2.4GHz DSSS has many features that allow it to be a flexible all-in-one solution for your orientation sensing needs. Below are some of the key features:
- Small self-contained high-performance wireless AHRS at 35mm x 60mm x 15mm and 28 grams
- Integrated 2.4GHz DSSS wireless communication interface allows high-performance at ranges up to 200′
- Integrated Lithium-Polymer battery and charge control allows battery life of 5+ hours at full performance
- Fast sensor update and filter rate allow use in real-time applications, including stabilization, virtual reality, realtime immersive simulation, and robotics
- Highly customizable orientation sensing with options such as tunable filtering, oversampling, and orientation error correction
- Advanced integrated Kalman filtering allows sensor to automatically reduce the effects of sensor noise and sensor error
- Robust open protocol allows commands to be sent in human readable form, or more quickly in machine readable form
- Orientation output format available in absolute or relative terms in multiple formats
- Absolute or custom reference axes
- Access to raw sensor data
- Flexible communication options: USB 2.0 or wireless 2.4GHz DSSS (FCC Certified)
- Communication through a virtual COM port
- USB joystick/mouse emulation modes ease integration with existing applications
- Upgradeable firmware
- RGB status LED, two programmable input buttons
- Available in either hand-held or strap-down packaging
- Each communication dongle unit (Part: TSS-DNG) supports up to 15 independent sensor units
Motion tracking for any project
Recognized as one of the best university startups in 2017, Yost Labs best-in-class sensors and engineering staff are here to provide the fastest inertial motion tracking for your work. We can engineer custom solutions for your projects.