3-Space™ Embedded Sensors
The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Embedded sensor is an ultra-miniature, high-precision, high-reliability, low-cost SMT Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) / Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) which uses triaxial gyroscope, accelerometer, and compass sensors in conjunction with advanced processing and on-board quaternion-based orientation filtering algorithms to determine orientation relative to an absolute reference in real-time.
Orientation can be returned in absolute terms or relative to a designated reference orientation. The gradient descent calibration process and high update rates increase accuracy and greatly reduce and compensate for sensor error. The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Sensor system also utilizes a dynamic sensor confidence algorithm that ensures optimal accuracy and precision across a wide range of operating conditions.
Areas of Application
- Motion capture
- Positioning and stabilization
- Personnel/pedestrian navigation and tracking
- Unmanned air/land/water vehicle navigation
- Education and performing arts
- Healthcare monitoring
- Gaming and motion control
- Accessibility interfaces
- Virtual reality and immersive simulation
The 3-Space™ Embedded sensor module also offers a range of communication interface options which include SPI, USB 2.0, and asynchronous serial.
- Smallest and lightest high-performance AHRS available at 23mm x 23mm x 2mm and only 1.3 grams
- Fast sensor update and filter rate allow use in real-time applications, including stabilization, virtual reality, realtime immersive simulation, and robotics
- Highly customizable orientation sensing with options such as tunable filtering, oversampling, and orientation error correction
- Advanced integrated Kalman filtering allows sensor to automatically reduce the effects of sensor noise and sensor error
- Robust open protocol allows commands to be sent in human readable form, or more quickly in machine readable form
- Orientation output format available in absolute or relative terms in multiple formats ( quaternion, rotation matrix, axis angle, two-vector )
- Absolute or custom reference axes
- Access to raw sensor data
- Flexible communication options: SPI, USB 2.0, or asynchronous serial
- USB communication via virtual COM port
- When used as a USB device, USB joystick/mouse emulation modes ease integration with existing applications
- Castellated SMT edge pads provide secure SMT mounting and allow optional through-hole mounting
- Upgradeable firmware
- RGB status LED
- Programmable interrupt capability
- Development kit available
Ready to get started?
The Yost Labs 3-Space™ Embedded sensor has many features that allow it to be a flexible all-in-one solution for your orientation sensing needs.